The Bosch Mixer for Kelly and Nick Story
Bonnie ordered a Bosch mixer for the Bridal
Shower. The mixer was to be the Family Wedding Gift. She sent it to me to wrap and take to the
shower. When the package had not arrived by the day of
the shower, I sent her a message.
She didn't receive the message for three days,
because she and Mike were in Korea. When she returned, she called and the
packages had still not arrived. She called the company where she had ordered
it. The customer service rep looked up the tracking and it had been
delievered.... three weeks before. Supposedly to our house on the front step.
Bonnie checked the address on her invoice. It
was the incorrect address.
The address where the delivery was made was 7
miles away on the west end of Bradbury.
I knew that is all farm land and few houses by
the road and most are for workers. I looked on Google Maps and could see that there
were three houses right by the road. I didn't feel like I could go alone and that I
would need Spanish. About 2pm, I drove out to see the houses. It was
difficult to tell exactly where the address belonged. Mildred said:
"You have arrived".
There were no cars and I saw no one. When Ron got home, it was just getting dark.
Before we went he made three signs in Spanish:
We have lost two boxes. They were delivered 21
days ago.
If you have the boxes call..... (office phone)
When we were driving by and stopped to put the
signs up, a man came out of this barn. He spoke some English, but Spanish was his
choice.
Ron explained the problem. Jose said that the
man who lived in the last house, would not be home until 9AM the next morning.
.
Ron was concerned. The boxes could have been
opened and sold.
Bonnie was "sick" over her mistake.
I had a feeling we would get the boxes.
The next evening when I arrived home about 5
there was a message from our answering service. A man had called and he had the
boxes.
In five minutes we were on our way down the
road.
Jose was at the barn when we arrived and
directed us to the house on the end. Ron knocked on the door and a women in her
late 20's opened the door and there were the boxes, right by the door.
The boxes were in our car. We both wept in
gratitude for this tender mercy. Heavenly Father cares about us therefore, he care about misdirected boxes.
I knew Bonnie had been praying. I had faith and
wished I had prayed even more. Ron said "How could I have known when I
opened my mission call to a Spanish speaking mission that speaking Spanish
would be such a blessing to me in my life?"
I placed the
boxes front and center for a week so we could be reminded of the
TENDER MERCIES
we receive.
No comments:
Post a Comment