Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Lesson Learned

I do not shop at all on Sundays. 
I plan for that to not to happen or I do without.


I found a tire store not far from Deborah's. I made on appointment online on Saturday evening. At 9:45 AM I arrived in the parking lot. At 10:00 I had the car checked in for a tire repair or replacement whichever would be determined. 30 minutes.

I would have time to get home for Sacrament Meeting. The timing would be tight, but I could make it. I settled into the waiting area with my Ipad and worked on Ancestry.

30 minutes passed. 45. 60. 

As the time ticked away, I felt more and more badly. I did not feel guilty for being there. I felt pain in the center of my chest. 

I went to the desk at 11:00. How is my car? The woman who had helped me, before saying anything, walked to the garage when I approached the desk. The man said, "Let me check". The woman came back in and said, "They are starting to work on it". Really?

The pain increased, and then the thought came, "These are the pains of hell for decisions that could have been made differently." 

30 minutes later, I was walking out the door. As I opened my car door, I committed to not let this happen again. I could have made a decision that would have made all of the difference. 


No comments: