After spending the day with Aaron, Meghan, Clare, Beck, Knox and
Finn, I headed down the freeway to San Jose for dinner.
Mason's Kindergarten has been preparing for Thanksgiving. He came home and made his own bow and arrow.
When we were getting into our cars at
the Wharf, Aaron saw my right rear tire and that it was low. "You will
need to stop and get air in it." Here I was in San Francisco on a
Saturday afternoon needing air and maybe a new tire. Great! I found a tire shop
that was mile away on Mission. There was a three hour wait to replace the tire.
The man could and did put in air and as he was doing so saw a nail in the tire.
It was right there on top. Even I could see it. Three hours.... just put in the
air.
Ten miles down
the road, and it is 4pm. I stopped at another tire shop. I knew I had a 90 mile
trip home. We never put on a spare. The wait for a repair was an hour and a
half. Too long, and I wanted to go to IKEA.
When I got to
Deborah's I called AAA. The service man said he would not reccommend driving 90
miles on the spare that had NEVER been used. He put on the spare and I decided
to spend the night and have have the tire fixed as early as I could so I could
get home for Sacrament meeting.
The last thing
Ron siad when I left in the morning was, "Come home safe". I couldn't
risk a drive in the dark over the Altamont at 45 miles an hour. (AAA man
thought.)
No comments:
Post a Comment