I have a daughter who invited me to join in a 31 day read of the BOOK OF MORMON to prepare for General Conference and a 'Spring Cleaning' of sorts. I don't know if I can complete in the time, but why not try? I am in need of inspiration and revelation and direction. What is there to lose?
I am up to the challenge. Ron and I read four pages from the Book of Mormon every night. I read 4 pages from my current reading, the Old Testament (along with Gospel Doctrine). I can do this. (?)
Then, last night she posted her journal notes. NOTES?
I don't know how many days I will do notes, but these were some I pulled of of the margins that I noted today.
My scripture journal-ing occurs on my scriptures pages. I cannot read my scriptures without a pen and red pencil in by my book.
1 Ne 17:20- Inspired people are often accused of "vain imaginations". Today, while counseling on plans for an upcoming meeting, I felt that we need to strictly follow what we have been asked to do. Two others felt we could 'tweak' it a bit saying, 'but more will come if we do it this way.' For me, that is not the point. The point is to not schedule for convenience, but to follow the direction we have been given.
1 Ne 17- whole lot of murmuring and complaining. Nephi reminds them. "after all you have seen... ye know, ye know, ye know, ye know, ye know, ye know... after all ye know and have seen (v.46)... you are still going to harden your hearts?"
I don't want to be a murmur-er. I want to remember the great things I have seen and know and go build a ship.
1 Ne 16- Lehi receives the Liahona and it gives them direction. (v 10). After using it for direction a new writing appears (v 28-29). Lesson: use what you have and then you will get more direction. By small means we learn to use simple tools that later will reveal more if we are faithful and diligent. Applies to my scirpture reading, prayer, fasting, temple worship.
No comments:
Post a Comment