Today, I changed things up a bit. I felt like I was 'cheating' myself... but, because I needed to make a trip to Modesto to choose a new washing machine to replace my "33.5 year old' Maytag, I went to my Gospel Library app, pulled up my spot on the Book of Mormon and listened coming and going. Hearing the words of the scriptures make them different. I heard thoughts I had did not remember reading before.
I love when words of Isaiah are heard aloud.
Then I sat down and 'double dipped' as I found the thoughts that impressed me in my listening.
1 Nephi 19:4... never paid attention to the fact that Nephi, when giving instructions for the plates says to pass the records from one generation to another from one prophet to another until "further commandments shall be given". That would be Moroni. Wonder how he felt when he realized that this was the further commandment?
1 Nephi 19:10- Sure would love to have the writings of Zenock, Neum, Zenos. I best be happy with and study what I have.
1 Nephi 19- lots of REMEMBERS. Remember covenants. Remember the isle of the sea. Remember the Lord their Redeemer.
1 Nephi 20- Go ye forth of Babylon- Great counsel for today. Sing and declare: The Lord has redeemed us.
1 Nephi 21: "for I will contend with him that contendeth with them, and I will save my children." I should make a list of the times the Lord has intervened in my behalf and saved me. Sometimes they have been with tender mercies. Sometimes they have been total rescues. I know God loves me and intervenes in my behalf. Goes along with 2 Nephi 1:1 when Lehi 'rehearses unto them, how great things the Lord had done for them..."
1 Nephi 22- Nephi in plainer words tells his family "what is going on" here.
2 Nephi--- We all have to make a journey like Nephi and Lehi.
Keep the commandments.
I love " Arise from the dust. Be Men! Awake my sons.... Rebel no more"
I love the PLAN!
No comments:
Post a Comment